I'm living in Mexico. I have very little to get by

Customer Question
I'm living in Mexico...

I'm living in Mexico. I have very little to get by financially. I am 67, and not well. How can I protect my belongings here and my of and cat if I should die he Really?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Quintana Roo

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not sure what you mean? I was about do do an online will on a Canadian online last will and testament.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

.i have a dog and cat here in Mexico, and I don't own property here or in Canada. I just have things, like special paintings etc. If I fill in and print out a last will and testament I can take it to a notary here. Because as far as I am aware, if I have nothing the Mexico government will keep my things and I don't know what would happen to my pets. If my family would n

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You need to do a will in Mexico and specify where the property is to go upon your death and who is going to take control over your estate to distribute whatever is left to your designated beneficiaries. Once you have a written will, you need to give an original to the executor who will administer the estate at your death and you need to keep one in your possessions and you should have some trusted family member get another original of the will.

I say originals, because in order for them to be honored in court they must be original and not copies.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney