I bought an RV, and paid for it on 01/10/18. The person

Customer Question
I bought an RV...

I bought an RV, and paid for it on 01/10/18. The person handling this transaction is a friend who informed me that the person who owned it was out of town for a funeral and would be home in several days. He signed a receipt for the cash and handed me the keys. Here I am on 03/08/18 feeling like an extremely foolish 71 year old woman with a set of keys. Please tell me what I can do.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the RV?

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They are refusing my calls and fail to answer door

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. You want to raise the stakes on your friend and the owner. If they don't deliver you the RV and the clean title within a day or so, let them know you will be raising the stakes on them. Inform your friend that if your demands are not complied with, you will have no choice but to: i) contact the district attorney's office to file criminal charges; and ii) file a civil suit against them for your damages. Be sure to specifically mention that you will be filing this civil suit not only as a breach of contract case, but also as a fraud cause of action, which will entitle you not only to the money owed you, but also an additional amount equal to multiple times the deposit amount as punitive damages. That should provide plenty of incentive to comply with your demands; but, if it does not, file your suit and contact the district attorney's office to file criminal charges. In my experience, they will resolve this without a hearing rather than risk punitive damages, the fraud judgment, and criminal prosecution.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!