I had a package that was “intercepted by law enforcement”

I had a package...

I had a package that was “intercepted by law enforcement” then two days later it was delivered. Is it safe to open and bring inside or is it a controlled delivery type situation. It’s been 2 days since it’s been delivered and it is outside in my garbage can.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It’s possibly an illegal substance, but I’m not sure. It was a surprise gift from a friend out of state.

3/8/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

If the object was delivered to you then it was deemed safe enough for delivery, so I think you can take it out of your garbage can :)

I’m just worried about controlled deliveries and crazy transmitters they put in packages. Google doesn’t exactly give the best answers. I just know if I take it in the house and it is something illegal then it’s considered to be in my possession.
How are you supposed to know if it’s ok or they’re setting you up? It’s been 2 days since it’s been delivered. And the only held it one day.

I promise there re no crazy transmitters in your package.

If it was illegal it wouldn't have been released to you.

They are NOT trying to trick you. It was probably flagged for some unknown reason - and then it was checked and released. That's it. ENJOY YOUR GIFT FROM YOUR FRIEND! :) Don't lose out on it for no reason...

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney