I have a profit sharing account with an employer I no longer…

I have a profit...

I have a profit sharing account with an employer I no longer work for. I quit 1/13/18. contacted said employer about removing money from my account on 3/7/18. was in formed that it could take up to 1/1/2019. I only worked a few days in jan of 2018. this seems completely unreasonable.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is in the state of oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In what respect?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I worked for this company for 15 years and I am 67 years old.

3/8/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

That's a new one... I've never heard of it taking nearly a year to withdraw your funds. I'm with you on the fact that it's unreasonable.

You might want to send a certified letter, return receipt requested demanding the return of your money by ____ [pick a date] or you will contact the State Attorney General's Office about this company. That should get their attention so that they give you access to YOUR money faster, instead of holding on to it indefinitely.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Thanks for your rating!

And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking HERE or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney