Ray, On the "Inventory and Appraisal" sheet for the probate…

Good morning Ray, On the "Inventory...
Good morning Ray,
On the "Inventory and Appraisal" sheet for the probate estate accounting, there are descriptives of "value at death" and "appraisal Value". I understand the value at death, but does the appraisal value also occur at death or time of accounting, which is ten years after death? Ie: house was worth $150,000 and is now worth $475,000. which do I post in appraisal value?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I would just put value at time of death.Thats what it was worth tot he estate at that point in time.It may have increased in value but thats expected over time.Time of death will be fine here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

Ray, Lawyer