I need to chat with a ca. litigation attorney or one that…

Customer Question
I need to chat...

I need to chat with a ca. litigation attorney or one that knows the vehicle impound laws in 94601 well?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Ca.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Only the police report I understand.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know why the send button is not responding when I try to paste my additional info?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have an impound hearing at 11am to recover my car that was impounded by police while lawfully parked on a public street when I was not present. I had been towed there by CHP rescue Tow from the nearby freeway when my car over heated some days prior and when I returned with a mechanic my car was gone. My note in the dash with my name, my circumstance and my phone number was ignored. I was lawfully licensed, registered & insured, with no outstanding tickets (all was verified by police). I blocked no driveway, hydrants etc. and no signs were posted warning of anything. The law states the police must send the registered owner a notice by return receipt before they can lawfully tow. I did not get any such notice. The burden is on the police to prove they had probable cause to tow and that they have the authority to tow or not to tow and must act with discretion when doing so.
I am disabled on a fixed income and can not afford to pay anything THEN seek to recover, so when I am facing that hearing this morning, how do I present myself to compel the hearing officer to do the right thing by me?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. I have to leave very soon as my ride will be here to take me to my impound hearing, so please call me in that case. No lawyer has yet responded by the site or email yet... i am so worried..
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. I noticed that you would like a phone call which is what I would recommend in this situation. You're welcome to call me so we can discuss. Thanks.

Hi, I just wanted to follow up to see if you got my last message?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I appreciate the time you took with me to call and discuss my writ of mandate on appeal. I will be calling Just Answer again very soon to ask your opinion. I will have no hurry worries next time like I did before my hearing 3-8-18, I can say the hearing denial gave me a lot of insight and information I would have never been lucky to learn if not for that denial. Now if I can find the way to give you 5 stars above I want to do that. Perhaps the submit button will light up when I hit send. Have a great weekend Legal Eagle. Thank You again..
Tina, Lawyer