I just received this message: AppIe Service Dear Client,

Customer Question
I just received this...

I just received this message:
AppIe Service
Dear Client,Your Apple ID (*****@******.***) was used to sign into iCIoud from a different device.Device : iPhone 7 Plus
Location : Moscow, Russia
IP Address : 108.92.722.58
If you've not signed into iCloud recently and believe someone may have accessed your account, go to Apple ID (https://appleid.apple.com) and make sure you are indeed the owner of the account.What should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is this about an invention, a design, or an artistic work?

This is a notification I received. I know no one in Moscow.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

You are the first people I have contacted.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Attorney Wendy

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I have been an attorney for 20 years. There is a high likelihood this message is itself a scam. Be sure NOT to click on any links in the email/message. Instead, to determine the legitimacy of the message, the first step is to click on the sender's email address to see if it will show the full address - most of the time these addresses will include things like apple or customer but will then have a lot of extra letters. This is not a legitimate email. In addition, it is safest never to respond to issues like that via email. Rather the safest route is to close that down and reopen your search engine; then log into your Apple account iCloud as you normally would. At that point it show you what devices have actually been used. You can also contact the real Apple customer service that way to ensure there has not been any suspicious activity; and as a final safeguard you can change your password. If you receive future emails of this nature, from any source, where the email asks you to click a link to access your account, change your password, confirm information, etc. simply do not do so. Instead, logout of that application (email) and then separately go to the service provider login page that you normally use and check your account status or inquire with customer service. This ensures you are actually dealing with Apple and not someone who hasn't yet gotten into your account but is hoping you will unknowingly share information that will allow them to do so. I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This is for informational and educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.