My insurance company is trying to say our truck was invovled…

Customer Question
My insurance company is...

My insurance company is trying to say our truck was invovled in a hit and run, we have talked to them and told them it wasnt and now they want to send special investigator out to look at truck and have face to face meeting. Truck has been seen by body shop

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

Oklahoma 2001

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Report filed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

You are required by your contract to cooperate with the insurance company when they're investigating a claim against you, even if you know the claim is bogus. There's a risk that if you don't allow them to view the truck, it could be a violation of your policy - which could lead to cancellation. So even though it's frustrating and inconvenient, you'd still want to let the investigator look at the truck and meet with them. You also run the risk that either the insurance company or the other driver would report a hit and run to the police, which you don't want. Helping them with the investigation should help resolve the matter quickly to determine whether it's an honest mistake or someone trying to commit fraud.

If it does turn out to be fraud, you can report whoever contact the insurance company to the police, but the insurance company may do that for you when they reach the same conclusion.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Do you have any questions about this?