I believe I have been the victim of medical fraud. I paid…

I believe I have...

I believe I have been the victim of medical fraud. I paid $25,000 for dental implants last spring. I got the temporary implants which I am still wearing. However, my permanent implants have not been delivered by the lab because my dentist has failed to pay them. I am wondering what legal recourse I have to avoid being cheating out of the money.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North Carolina.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet. I am trying to get to see this dentist at his office to see if I can talk to him about it. He was in practice with another dentist and claims that she is responsible for paying the lab even though his assistant took my checks. He is no longer in practice with this other dentist.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's the gist of the case. Thank you.

3/8/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking for options to recover the 25,000 back?

if the dentist won't pay the lab, I will need the money back to have the work done by another dentist.

ok, working on some options.

Okay.
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.There is no basis to contest your position, which apparently is simply being pursued in bad faith against facts and lawYou have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
That's fine but how do I find a lawyer to take this type of case? Most only do personal injury law.

Consumer protection/business law, preferably on contingency fee basis. Try avvo.com and martindale.com.

Kindly rate me 5 stars for the answers.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Okay, thank you.
Acceptable.
Thanks. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.