I am a little concern about my uncle property. Kentucky. The…

Customer Question
I am a little...

I am a little concern about my uncle property

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The police found drugs in his house and He is not here to pay his mortgage but I am fear to appear in his house and them been arrested.... I am a decent working guy

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know if he can lose his property or if I can be paying the mortgage without problems

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good morning, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and does not constitute legal advice. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Thanks to you
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Do you live at this home as well? Are you under a written lease?

No I live in a condominium with my wife... but I want to take care of that because he is the only family that he has here... we are from Cuba.... permanent resident
I have sorry
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Thanks for the additional information. Just to clarify then, your concern is whether you can take over the mortgage payments for him while he's incarcerated so that he doesn't lose his home?

He is not incarcerated he ran away, but yes that is my question
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay thanks, ***** ***** just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 4 months ago

Based on the information you've shared, there shouldn't be any problems with you taking over mortgage payments.

You won't be able to have the mortgage transferred to your name, but you can make the payments on his behalf so that he does not default and forcelose on his home.

Mortgage payments are not required to be received from the home owner directly, there's nothing in the law that prevents you from making payments on his behalf.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!