In my neighborhood there is a stranger, living in another…

Good morning. In my...

Good morning. In my neighborhood there is a young stranger, living in another house, but I found out he is using my address for his needs. He has used my address to order Uber rides, pizzia, and he just nicely walks in front of my house as if he lives here and gets into his uber ride. His pizza has arrived here several times and when I check it has my address and someone else's name. I called the police and other agencies, but no one can tell me how to get this guy to stop using my address. I do not know who to ask next. I'm sure there is fraud somewhere. because he won't stop the use his address, and he sneaks out from behind trees to pretend he lives at my house. and I live alone @ 69 years, this is scary. Where do I turn. He won't listen when I confront him . You're probably the wrong people to talk to, but here I am trying to find a solution.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I tried but the police say it is the postal police job

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I tried to confront this guy but he walks away, it gets scary

3/8/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. I am a FL attorney with over 25 years experience. Give me a moment to review and type my reply.

I​ recommend that you file a petition for a restraining order against this guy. It is a scary situation and you will need to state that you are in fear of your safety with this guy. The restraining order will mean that he will have to stay a certain distance away from you. I recommend that you enlist the police with help in identifying this person. You may need to take pictures/photos of him to get that accomplished.

I would also contact Uber and the pizza company (and anyone else who shows up at your house) and tell them to never pick up or deliver anything or anyone at your house without your prior permission.

Have I answered all your questions?
If so, please be sure to accept my response and post a positive 5-star rating.

Lori
Lori, Attorney