If my bank records are subpoenead do I have to be notified?

Customer Question
If my bank records...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i was arrested for embezzlement but still awaiting trial

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Grand jury investigations are conducted in secret. The person or company who receives a grand jury subpoena is not allowed to tell the subject of the request that they're being investigated.

For other types of subpoenas, they would be allowed to notify you, but there is nothing in the Rules of Civil Procedure that require it. Rule 45 deals with receiving and responding to a subpoena. Once a case is opened, the prosecutor would be required to hand over any and all documents obtained as part of the investigation at the request of the accused person.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Do you have any other questions about this?