I was approached by an self employed eletrision and he first…

Customer Question
I was approached by...

I was approached by an self employed eletrision and he first told me about how he would help me replace stuff in my house and then he told me that he and his wife were getting a divorce and then he made moves on me he promised the world to me and know he will not contact me I need his services he even offered me a job is there anything I can do legally

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I don't know what to do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He continued to sweet talked me into showing xx rated pictures of myself and he sent me a picture of his penus

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 6 days by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would like to continue if it doesn't cost me any more money right now
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks and there was even a picture sent and a request that I actually answered

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I am sorry for the delayed response. The moderator contacted me to see if I could assist you.

I think the reason you were not getting a response is because your situation is rather difficult.

You have two separate things going on:

1) the electrical work

2) the inappropriate conduct of the elctrician.

Regarding 1) If you signed a contract and paid him money and he is not completing the wortk you can sue himfor return of your money. You can sue him is small claims court.

You can also file a complaint with the state attirney general for his fraudulent conduct

Regarding 2) You can file a complaint with the attorney general for his improper conduct toward you.

Here is the link to the AG Complaint page:

https://www.nmag.gov/file-a-complaint.aspx

You can't foce him to do the work for you. You would have to hire a different contractor. If the cost is more you can sue the first contractor for the increased cost as well as the return of any deposit as described above.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also am having trouble with a group of people who are spreading gossip about me that is not true and it's gotten so bad that I can't get a job or be in a relationship

I am very sorry that you are having these difficulties.

I do not have a good legal solution for this.

There is a type of lawsuit called "Defamation" that can be brought against people who spread lies about you. BUT it is an expensive type of suit to bring and it is not one that can easily be done yourself.

It can not be brought in small claims. So you pretty much have to hire an attorney who does that work.

You can find such attorneys here:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/defamation/new-mexico

I am sorry that I do not have a better answer for you.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer