I gave someone a ride and after we had arrived he told me…

Hello, I gave someone...

Hello, I gave someone a ride and after we had arrived he told me that he was going to rob someone. He asked me to help him, and I declined. I persuaded him not to but he didn't listen to me. The person getting robbed shot at the person I gave a ride to and so he returned fire and the guy died. There is footage of us leaving the area. He got to my car before I did and was driving it already.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Washington, 1990. I have a murder charge pending because of this

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yeah. I am out on bail

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Basically what I'm asking is: since I did not want anything to do with a robbery, and he was in my car and driving when I got to it, how likely is it that they will get a conviction?
3/8/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your criminal law question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this criminal matter. What offense have you been charged with exactly ?

There is the possibility that you could be charged with a number of criminal offenses including conspiracy, robbery,felony murder and an accessory after the fact to the crime.

Obviously some of these are more serious than the others.

You are entitled to a pubic defender the tight to silence from incriminating yourself and your lack of knowledge of your friend's acts would serve as a full defense. It comes down to the prosecutions's circumstantial evidence showing that you were indeed a party to the crime and knew a crime was to be committed.

This can be done by introducing witnesses , tapes, phone messages, previous meetings etc.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return your positive feedback is what gives me a credit for my response.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm charged with murder 1 attempted robbery 1 and rendering criminal assistance. I gave a statement when I got arrested (its hard to not correct someone when they call you a murder) but that seems to have been a big mistake. My codefendant is pissed and trying to implicate by saying it was my gun. He did however give a confession to shooting the guy.

Yes, your defense needs to present the narrative that you weren't a willing participant in the case.

Because you didn't fire the gun yourself it is not uncommon for some plea bargain to be offered to you.

If it was your gun you would need to offer some cogent reason how this otherwise got into this person's possession.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer