I loaned money 7,000 dollars to my sisters ex-fiance, they…

Customer Question
I loaned money 7,000...

I loaned money 7,000 dollars to my sisters ex-fiance, they were still friends and on very good terms. He is an architect. Business was not good and he owed rent, he would have been homeless.Its been a little over 2 years and he has made no payment to me and keeps telling me in a couple more months he can make a payment to me.No payment has been made to me. I have his bank account number and I know i can get the bank to give me info on exactly when I transferred money to his account. Do i have any recourse in this situation.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

I am in S.C. and he lives inN.J.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Like what

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He presently has work on a consistent basis,but will not even make a payment of any k ind to me.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

You could not proceed via "self help"... if he won't pay you back you'd need to sue him for the money.

Lawyer: deolyn-cssm,
 replied 4 months ago
deolyn-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/law/b2mr1-loaned-money-7-000-dollars-sisters-ex-fiance.html
Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.
Lawyer: Pheobe Clark, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Pheobe Clark
Pheobe Clark, Lawyer
Your remedies are to sue him for unpaid loan. This complaint can be filed in magistrate court which has a cheaper filing fee and quicker court date. You can file the complaint in the state the loan terms were agreed upon or the state where defendant lives. You can get a judgment & judgment lien against property that he owns in the state where the complaint was filed.
If I have answered your questions appropriately, please reward me with 5 stars so that I can get credit got this session! Thanks!!
Hi there! In order for my session to be completed & closed out, please accept the answer & provide a rating (3 stars or higher please!) thanks so much & I hope your issue has been resolved.