My grandson son has his name, but he and his girlfriend is…

My grandson son has...

My grandson son has his name, but he and his girlfriend is not married, they live as coming law, what are his rights, in Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes birthcertifiet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We call the police on the girlfriend, because we know that she have hurt the baby, we in formed social services of this and the fact the she was going to cut herself, her mother has also so filed with social services on her and my grandson

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Colorado, Sunday Mar 4 2018

3/8/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello I am an attorney here to help. In Colorado, a person does not have to be married to have rights to their child. If they have adopted the child or if they are the natural parent, they automatically have all the rights and responsibilities of any parent.
If your son believes that the child is being hurt, he will need to ask a local family court for custody and explain that the child's best interests are served if he has full legal and physical custody.
How else can I help you today?
Legal Eagle, Lawyer