If I fix my cars collision damage, can I bill the insurer?

If I fix my...

If I fix my cars collision damage, can I bill the insurer ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Calif.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Reported

3/7/2018
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. Are you appointed as an approved shop, for their repairs? Are you licensed to do the repairs and do you have a shop?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no! I am a mechanic. My car was hit by a motorcycle. rear bumper and tail lights damaged. Hartford Ins. wants to total the car. I can fix cheaper than A body shop, but will hartford reimburse me for my cost?

Thank you for the reply. No, they will not, unless they agree to this. When it comes to repairs, they have approved shops where vehicles will be sent and in this case, if they want to declare it a total loss, it is at their discretion under the policy. You certainly can speak with them and see if they will work with you and pay you X and be done with it but they also may not want to keep the vehicle insured, so it could be an issue.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Managing Partner
Phone call session started
LegalKnowledge, Attorney