My rent money was stolen from my landlords office if she…

My rent money was...

My rent money was stolen from my landlords office if she didnt steel it herself after geting a late notice took recepts and all the docoments needed to talk to landlord she said she would fix it the next week the checks got cashed but the rent wasnt fixed filled 3 lost money order clam forms and have the fraud ppl trying to take care of it also filed police report but i am still geting the demand for payment form from my landlord what do i do

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

Ga

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have all the papers police report number copys of checks every email i have everything from rent payment reminder to now demands and everything in between also my mother in law was just diagnosed with bell pols by since this has happen so it is so hard for her to move and try to handle this witch is causing more stress and depressen and after dealing with the fraud ppl i took the paper they told me to land lord without my mother only my husband and me went and the lady was rude and had me crying after i left but i have all that docomented to but now i can not go to office or i will be arrested is that right

3/8/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If she is not fixing the problem and you paid the rent, it is not your fault that it was stolen from her possession AND you can sue her for breach of lease. So, your next option if she does not fix the rent issue would be to sue her for breach of lease and seek a court judgment against her for any money damages you have suffered as a result of her conduct.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

how do i go about that because so far i did lost money claim forms 3 of them i have copys of the receipts of the money orders and had the company who does fraud sent me a copy of the money orders and who cashed them with the acount number trace number serial number and dates and amounts with who ever stole it writeing on the money orders so then filed police report and the cops have copys of all the info printed for them and now we have the report case number ***** now still geting a demand for payment from landlord today this has been going on since feb 26,2018

Thank you for your reply.

You go to the local court clerk's office and you ask for the small claims court complaint form and fill it out with the information and the amount of money lost and then you file it and they will serve the apartment manager to come to court and you will present your proof to the judge.

also we own our trailer we only pay for lot
this is a brand new landlord had about 3 now in last year in a half and no one lets anyone know they are new landlords

Thank you for your reply.

You need to go to court to sue for breach of contract, since you paid and they have been negligent in dealing with your rent.