I moved out from an apartment a year ago. the owners

Hi, i moved out...

Hi, i moved out from an apartment a year ago. the owners furniture was put into my storage space so i could have my furniture in the apartment. i have been trying to return his furniture for 9 montyhs now. but he is not responding.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New yoek city. he was doing work in the apartment, so i helkd on to it for a few months - but now he is dragging me along. i can not afford to store his stuff any more. it was an illegal rental, so i do not want to go to the c=ity.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No - because it was an illegal rental

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is it

3/7/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the owner is not responding, you have two choices I am afraid. First, you can do nothing and keep trying to locate him and send him a letter to his home telling him if he does not remove his furniture, you would be suing him for the storage costs. Second, you can sue for the storage costs. That is all you can do. If you empty the storage unit and put his things out, he could sue you for the loss because you agreed to put it into the storage space.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

his furntiure is in my workshop, taking up LOTS of space. it is inhibiting the people in the workshop form...working. i am not paying any storage fees since i pay rent for the entire space. Can I let him know that I am going to start to charge for storage?

Thank you for your reply. Seems I answered you in the other question you posted.