I'm in the process of a divorce...we had the final hearing 2…

I'm in the process...

I'm in the process of a divorce...we had the final hearing 2 days ago on Monday....my Soon to be Ex is demanding I sell the house to cover all the debt he's Racked up....he's been living with his Girlfriend.....he's trying to claim it all as Martial debt...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

But yesterday I got out 2015 Bank statements...the whole year....he spent thousand of dollars out of our account on his Girlfriend

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I don't know if anything has been filed No

3/7/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can the Bank statement be submitted into the case so the Judge can see that my soon to be Ex is lying and he's spending thousands of dollars of our money

Of course, that would be evidence.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But I called my Laywer....he said he would get back to me...he has yet to do so....all the Judge is waiting for is closing Briefs...how do I submit the statement
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will be forced to sell my home that's almost Paid off...

Your lawyer would need to submit them or you'd need to fire your lawyer (or have your lawyer withdraw) but you wouldn't submit briefs by yourself if you're represented by counsel.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Well I've been on the Verge of Firing him for the past 2 weeks...but if I fire him then what

Then you either a) proceed on your own or b) hire a new attorney.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I proceed on my own...how do I submit the statement

You'd need to prepare a brief. I don't have any samples I could provide you with simply because every case is completely different.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the Brief...can it include the statement in it?...

You can attach it as an exhibit to the statement after referencing it in some appropriate manner of course.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What if my Laywer has put in his closing Brief

Then if you wanted to replace it you could *try* to file an amended brief if your lawyer is no longer your lawyer. But please understand there is no guarantee that the court will permit it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can the Laywer file a amended Brief

When was the brief supposed to be filed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
By the end of this week...they gave him until Friday

Then yes... if you're within the deadline you can file an amended brief.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok...thank you

It's my pleasure. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure thing!

Thank you! There should be a 5 star system on your end... I think it's at the top but I can't swear to that :)

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Thanks for your rating! And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking HERE or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks so much

My pleasure. I'm here if you need anything :)

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney