I received a notice from the post office that i have a cert.

letter waiting for me. I...
I received a notice from the post office that i have a cert. letter waiting for me. I sender name is ***** ***** form. This person has been piece orders against me for months. Each time they get overtuned by a judge. What happens if I decide not to sign and pick up the letter.
3/7/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Thanks for requesting me. So, if they send this to you, but you never pick it up, then it is likely the court will still consider service appropriate. Because the mail has been reliable for a very long time, it is generally presumed that when a letter is sent it reaches its destination.
I would double check your states laws about proper service for this specific kind of action. Sometimes, like with protective orders, some states like California requires personal service and not through mail. My recommendation though is you should probably go get it so you can defend yourself. Otherwise, a court may just rule against you. Did you have any other questions for me today?
No not at this time, thanks
You bet!
Legal Eagle, Lawyer