Does a Opinion and order have to be clear and direction a…

Customer Question
Does a Opinion and...

Does a Opinion and order have to be clear and direction a party as to how they are to comply with the Court's Order?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Illionis

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is regarding a Post-Trial matter.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 4 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

SHOULD it be clear? Yes. IS it always clear? No. In fact, this happens so often that a mechanism has developed to remedy the situation. If the order is unclear, either party can file a Motion for Clarification which is exactly what it sounds like - a motion which asks the Court to clarify a part of the order which is unclear, or in a situation which the order did not take into account.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.