I read an article about becoming a lawyer by studying in a…

I read an article...

I read an article about becoming a lawyer by studying in a law office or judges chambers. How would you find a judge or law office that would allow you to study and prepare for the bar examination?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

At present I am in California, where I had at one time started law school but, had to quit, (I am still registered with the California Bar Association) but, I may be moving to Washington State at some point.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Such as?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No that's it, I at present have a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Devry University and am in Keller Graduate School of Management.

3/7/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In the United States, all of the State bars require graduation from an ABA accredited law school. So, you would still need to attend a law school (in CA the school has to be at least accredited by the CA bar) and graduate in order to sit for the bar. There is no process to circumvent law school by clerking for a judge or at a law firm. You clerk for a law firm and a judge during your years of law school to gain experience.

There are some foreign countries that allow someone to sit for their bar and practice law in those countries if they have worked for a judge or law firm, but not any of the US Bar Associations.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.