SUED BY THE PERSON WHO I FINANCED THE HOUSE HE IS LIVING IN.

I AM BEING SUED...

I AM BEING SUED BY THE PERSON WHO I FINANCED THE HOUSE HE IS LIVING IN. I AM BEING SUED FOR FRAUD, BREACH OF CONTRACT, EMOTIONAL STRESS AND MONETARY . I AM UNSURE WHERE THIS CAME FROM BUTTHE CONTRACT OF SALE WAS SIGNED 10/19/2013 IN TEXAS.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

TEXAS

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I WAS SERVED JUST YESTERDAY I HAVE 20 DAYS TO RESPOND IN WRITING

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I JUST NEED ADVICE ON HOW TO RESPOND TO SOMETHING I AM UNAWARE OF. DOES THE STATUE OF LIMITATIONS APPLY FOR FRAUD AND BREACH OF CONTRACT??

3/7/2018
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Breach of contract and fraud have a statute of limitations of FOUR YEARS in Texas. However, fraud can be extended to begin from the time that the fraud was discovered, or reasonably should have been.

Now, how to respond? One wants to file an ANSWER to avoid a default judgment. This is done by filing an answer in writing with the Court. I am attaching a sample Answer which utilizes GENERAL DENIAL as a defense. There may be other defenses depending on the facts.

The answer is filed with the court, and another copy is sent to the other party - certified mail, RRR.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Thanks

No problem. Good luck!