The purchaser of our greenhouse has breached the offer to…

The purchaser of our...

The purchaser of our greenhouse has breached the offer to purchase agreement. we have offered a settlement agreement way below the existing value of the balance owing. can we rescind that settlement offer. we have just become aware that we may be entitled to a variety of damages due to the purchaser's default. dianne

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Saskatchewan canada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have emailed our settlement agreement to the purchaser with a march 10, 2018 deadline for reply.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

If you offered a settlement agreement and it was not accepted you CAN reach out and say that you are withdrawing it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hi Olivia we would need to wait until the march 10th deadline has passed to do that?

Is that how long you gave them to respond?

Yes, then you will need to give them until the deadline to respond and then if they don't respond you can deem the offer rescinded.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how would we do the rescinding - would an email be okay or does it have to be by
registered letter - the offer was sent by email.

No, you don't need a registered letter. Literally when the time to respond expires you can send a message (email or otherwise) stating that since they have not responded and the time period to respond is over the offer is rescinded - since you have an offer that is valid until a certain time (and therefore if the other party doesn't respond by that time you are under no obligation to accept a response after the fact).

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thanks Olivia that's been really helpful. dianne

Thanks for your rating!

And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking HERE

or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay Olivia will do. I think we'll be heading to litigation on this
issue and have a lawyer but there may be things that
come up. it's nice to know we have available legal advice
when we need it. dianne

Just as a reminder, this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. We're always here to provide you with information so reach out any time!

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney