Purchased used car at 16 percent interest. Within 3 mos

Customer Question
Purchased used car at...

Purchased used car at 16 percent interest. Within 3 mos engine etc. had to be rebuilt for another loan for almost $3,000. Now the car is again needing more repairs and is parked, unusable, any recourse ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Virginia Car is my granddaughters and I think it is around 5 or 6 yrs old and I can find the correct year, any other info you require

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No , do not know whom to call or write to?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thanks I have a account no. With you 95953069

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Unfortunately, under VA law, a purchase of a used vehicle is considered an as is purchase. The VA courts hold that unless you received a written warranty to the contrary, the risk of any hidden defect is on the buyer and not the seller. So, unless you received a written warranty on the vehicle, legally you do not have any real recourse I am sorry to have to tell you.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney