How much time to I have to sue city of Beverly hills for a…

How much time to...

How much time to I have to sue city of Beverly hills for a slip and fall because of broken sidewalk

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

Beverly Hills California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes Claim filed with the city and was denied dec 4th 2017

3/7/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a CA licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Thanks so much for your patience. Generally, in California, if you are going to be suing a municipality for injury to your body, you have two years to do so according to the Code of Civil Procedure (Civ. Proc. §335.1.)

So, if this happened any time after March 7, 2016, then you will be fine, but just keep that in mind if you need to bring a lawsuit in an LA county superior court. Did you have any other questions for me regarding this?

thanks

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer