I'm an owner/operator hauling oil for a company in ND. The…

I'm an owner/operator hauling...

I'm an owner/operator hauling oil for a company in ND. The 1099 they gave me shows I was paid about 6100.00 more than what my records show. I've contacted my company but no one is answering me. I checked 2016 and 2015 and both years showed an amount between 4795 and 5700 more than what I had received. Long and short of it, I'm paying their taxes. Is there any legal recourse for me? I've contacted other drivers with the same scenario with this company.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I contacted the accounting department with no response. I informed the operations manager over a week ago with no results.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North Dakota

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Phone call session started

Hello! I see that you requested a phone call. That’s great news! I have just one caller ahead of you, but you will be live on the phone with me in about 30 minutes.

Business and Specialty Tax Line (###) ###-####- Forms and Publications