I am a pro se plaintiff. Have a suit regarding "federal

Customer Question
I am a pro...

I am a pro se plaintiff. Have a suit regarding "federal question". Prefer not to proceed to the Appellate Court. Statute affects many citizens. I would prefer to settle with relief, if possible. If possible, how would I do this?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have taken case to Scotus but initiated lawsuit in wrong court. Filed in District court in NC and defendant has been unable to file "answer". Judge suspended "answer" for defendant until he can determine if he has subject matter jurisdiction (January 15, 2018.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What is your fee for advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Fine

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You legally cannot represent "many people" you can only represent yourself, that would be unauthorized practice of law. However, that being said, your first step in a federal question issue is the US District Court in the state where the Defendant is located. You cannot go directly to the SCOTUS, you have to go through all of the steps of US District Court, then the US Circuit Court of Appeal and then finally the US Supreme Court. So you need to go through each and every step first.

Once you file suit, then you can contact the defendant and send them an offer of settlement to propose what you want out of the deal.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.