I had spoken to you about a month ago regarding the storage…

Customer Question
hi this is Tasha Brown...
hi this is Tasha Brown. I had spoken to you about a month ago regarding the storage units. I'm sorry I haven't gotten time to get back to you. I have discussed the situation again with the managers at the storage unit and given them the advice that we had talked about as far as the lease/contract. however the managers are now asking that their lawyer speak with my lawyer who has given me the advice. Is there any way possible that you could speak with their lawyer regarding the situation? Or are there any other options I can take so that you do not mean to speak with their attorneys?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello Tasha, it's nice to hear from you again. So, unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to speak with them because we don't have a lawyer-client relationship. Because I'm not licensed in IN, I couldn't represent you even if I wanted to sadly. But that';s okay because there are other ways that you can help get this resolved.

One of the hardest things to do sometimes is find a lawyer that you can trust. Google searches are a good place to start, but usually the lawyers who pay the most in advertising can get bumped up to be on the first page regardless of their quality. One thing I recommend is going through your state’s lawyer referral service (LRS). The LRS in each state typically requires the attorney to have several years of practice, be free of discipline, and have adequate staffing to assist people. Indiana does not have a lawyer referral service, but their local bar associations do - click here. You can also search for attorneys on a website called Lawyer Legion (click here) that scours all 50 states based on the kind of attorney you need.

The other option of course is to stand your ground here. You can't be bound to an agreement that you didn't consent to. No matter what their lawyers say or do, they're not in the right. You may be able to get someone to just act your behalf, even if it's briefly, to help negotiate your way through this situation if you follow my suggestion with the lawyer referral service.

Did you have any other questions for me regarding this?