If your husband has made all financila funds unavailable to…

Customer Question
Hi if your husband...

Hi if your husband has made all financila funds unavailable to me, can he be made to cover my attorney expenses, he has the funds.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

About 9 months ago we split up and had a paper drawn up but it has expired

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I gave up my work so I could be available for him, I have used my funds all those they don't compare to his but i have contributed to our life, now he wan's to leave me homeless, my name is ***** ***** loan, penniless. I need advise on how to proceed

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Michael Bradley

there is no clear cut answer to that question

the court will look to see if you have the ability to pay for your own attorney fees and whether he can afford to pay for yours

from what you have said the answer is yes

when you consult with an attorney they will go over this issue with you

if you can not afford and he can then the court will have him pay for your fees as well

I have no monies, he's made sure of that. I'm also 61, have several ailments that limits work abilities

if he has the financial ability to pay then the court will make him pay your reasonable attorney fees

I suggest having a free consultation and going it over with an attorney

if he has cut you off the court can use that as a factor awarding attorney fees as well

Do you have any recommendations for this area?
I can't call with my husband around, may I try to call you tomorrow

you can try to call tomorrow

where in CO are you?