I've received 3 parking tickets due to the daily parking…

Customer Question
Hi! i've received 3...

Hi! i've received 3 parking tickets due to the daily parking displays not working.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, but i've talked to an on campus officer, saying he will not have my car cited, but it still did.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I lost the first ticket, is that bad?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Campus officer? These are tickets on a school campus?

Every ticket, i have received was because the daily parking display was out of service.

And is there a mechanism to dispute the tickets?

Just to appeal.

That's what I meant... it's a mechanism to dispute the tickets. That's when you would provide your evidence that there was no basis for the tickets - and that's when you'd attach any photos if you have those as evidence.

Oh sorry, yes I have two tickets & one of them I lost.

With respect to that one ticket... you can contact the division that issued the ticket and I'm sure they'd be happy to give you information on that one. You'll want to have some proof that the daily parking display was out of service - otherwise it's just your word against the person that issued the ticket. Is there anything else I can answer for you?