I am on disability And I want to divorce my husband. I am 60…

Customer Question
I am on disability...

I am on disability And I want to divorce my husband. I am 60 yrs. old and not sure if I'm registered or not with Legal aid of Hudson Valley in White Plains NY? I spoke to them on January 21, 2018 and they said, wait 6 months and call back to speak to a Lawyer.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Reported I think, when I spoke to the Legal Aide society in Hudson Valley, in White Plains, NY on January 21, 2018

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm looking to live in an Assisted Living Facility, pet friendly. My income is low, especially since I'm still married.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
I live in a basement apartment with my husband now, in Chappaqua. Want to get proper housing as well, I have arthritis and fibromyalgia, an assisted living would be fitting.
Answered in 6 days by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I'm going to see a Lawyer, Monday. The first visit is free. Being on disability I hope he does not charge much. He is an hour or so away. They told me, that they never heard you have to wait 6 months in New York for a divorce, well the woman who set up the appointment. So, that's the situation. I'm trying to save some money, but I don't have much. Just need someone to bounce this stuff off of.
I am trying to get into an Assisted Living, I have many physical problems, I don't mind being the youngest there with pets. My Medicaid should come through end of March Early April. Do assisted living places take Medicaid at first?
Thank you. I may have questions after I see the Lawyer.
I will call you.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.