A friend of mine causes a car wreck in someone else's

Customer Question
A friend of mine...

A friend of mine causes a car wreck in someone else's vehicle. Since that friend did not have a vaild license at the time, I said that I was driving. Now, a year later I may possibly be sued foe damages. Should he go ahead and admit that he was driving? What will happen to me since I lied on a police report saying that I was the driver?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Louisiana, 2015 toyota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I've received a citation where I can dispute it

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Nothin that i can think of except that I have to turn in my reply today

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

You can be sued - both civilly and criminally - for lying to the police about the nature of the car accident and your involvement in it.

Is there anything else I can answer for you?