I recently borrowed money from a family member and signed a…

Customer Question
Hello... I recently borrowed...

Hello... I recently borrowed money from a family member and signed a promissory note... I said I could pay her when my taxes come.. well things didn’t go as planned. I did get a car with my w-2... long story short the day the remainder of my money came in I met up with her and gave her all I had... left... first thing she said is I will see u in court.... my words were I never said I wouldn’t pay u... how long do I have to pay her without further consequences

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in Louisiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No this jus happened today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well I have no objections on paying her .. I willfully acknowledge and plan to make payments every two weeks per paycheck

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Does the note have a due date or specify an event to trigger repayment?