Hotels and Getaway phoned me in June 2017. The man who

Hotels and Getaway phoned...

Hotels and Getaway phoned me in June 2017. The man who called me said he would like to sell my timeshare. I told him I already had sellmytimeshare.com trying to sell it and I payed the 2000 advertising fee. He said there is no charge to use his service. He directed me on how to create a paypal account and put 1790 dollars in it that would only be used if he could sell my timeshare. Yesterday, March 6th 2018, I was changing my email on all my accounts and noticed he took the 1790 dollars and I am late on paypal payments. I called paypal to contest the payment and they told me to report it on ICE.gov. I reported it to ICE and the BBB. When I reported it to BBB I noticed they only had four complaints that are just like mine. https://www.bbb.org/central-florida/business-reviews/timeshare-resale-and-rental-marketing/hotels-and-getaway-in-mount-dora-fl-90253953/reviews-and-complaints?section=reviews&reviewtype=negative

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?

It was a verbal contract over the phone. He assured me I wouldn't pay anything, just as the other 4 peoples BBB complaints stated.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

If we get disconnected for any reason, can you please call me so I can continue where we've left off?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I filed my complaint with ic3.gov yesterday

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it thank you

3/7/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Since this company has scammed me and the 4 other people who complained on the BBB, can I start a class action or other case to sue this company?
thank you, i'll await the call.
Ely, Counselor at Law
Phone call session started
if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! ThanksA lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.It could be pursued by counsel on behalf of the group.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”