My pa drivers license has been suspended for over 35 years…

My pa drivers license...

My pa drivers license has been suspended for over 35 years for an outstanding accident judgement against me. the attorney for the person who has the judgement against me is deceased and I have not been able to ;locate the complainant to resolve the judgment . what can I do ?

Lawyer's Assistant: License regulations vary from place to place, so can you tell me what state this is in?

PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I lost by default because I was in prison at the time of the judgment hearing

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, I just what to know what I can do to regain my license after all these years

Answered in 6 days by:
3/14/2018
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
I am very disappointed! Yes, I still would like an answer to my question.
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hello,Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I am sorry for the delayed response. The moderator contacted me to see if I could assist you. I think the reason you were not getting a response is because your situation is rather difficult. You may be able to have the judgment vacated for failure to collect or enforce. There is a statute of limitations on judgments . In most cases that limitation is 4 years. Once the period of time expires you can seek to have the judgment removed. The court has some discretion in this. After 35 years I would think the Court would be inclined to remove the judgment. You must file a Petition to remove the judgment in the Court that issued it. You can explain in your petition that the plaintiff never sought to enforce the judgment, that you can not find the plaintiff, and that the judgment is causing you a hardship in that you can not obtain a license. I do not have a form for this situationin PA you can modify this one from Washington: www.washingtonlawhelp.org/files/C9D2EA3F-0350-D9AF-ACAE-BF37E9BC9FFA/attachments/392F9214-AA42-AA4E-9C8C-57C2F3069822/9936en_motion-to-vacate_general-civil.pdf Here is the PA Law: https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/231/chapter2950/s2959.html Because you do not know where the Plaintiff is you will also have to ask the court for permission to "Serve" the Plaintiff by publication in the newspaper. Ask the clerk of the court for information on how to do that. Once you get your Order vacating the Judgment you can then go to the DMV and have the restriction removed. I again apologize for the delaye response. I was unaware of your question. Good luck.Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.Kind regards, Gerald
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer