I need to complete a personal financial statement and unsure…

Customer Question
I need to complete...

I need to complete a personal financial statement and unsure who to calculate real estate portion. Do I deduct for real estate commissions and closing costs in my value ir not? For example, say I own an investment property calues at $100,000 with no loan. Do I list $100k? Or do I list $100k less the 8% it costs to sell it (real estate commission, escrow fees, etc)? Also, same question for real estate owned in partnership. Do I reduce the total value of the real estate by the estimated costs it would rake to sell and then determine my equity amount? Or do I simply use the full fair market value of the real estate and not deduct any of thise costs? Its confusing! Thx for help

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I own in washington state and also michigan and ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I live in washington

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/7/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 5 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Normally you include the value and separately identify the expenses associated therewith. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Agreed. But tgst doesnt really help answer my question. On the asset side I list homes value and in the liability side I list the debt (loan) for example. This gives you equity. But what do I list for value.
The 100. You don’t subtract for expenses.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!