I contracted with Lakewood Eye Care through Care Credit for…

I contracted with Lakewood...

I contracted with Lakewood Eye Care through Care Credit for 2) pair of glasses Aug. 7, 2017. They couldn't get the prescription correct. Dr. Chen blamed it on my Diabetes even though it's under control. After the second pair failed to correct my vision, Dr. Chen called to tell me she didn't do business like this and said I had no alternative but to accept the glasses. I had one pair in my possession which seemed to be over corrected. I returned them expecting Dr. Chen to reverse the charge however she has not. I have been able to contact them. The charge amount was $589. I would like legal advice as what are my options?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Texas Initially Aug. 7th, 2017. I received a pair mid Dec. to verify the prescription was correct. Dr. Chen called between Xmas and New Years. I returned them about the 5th of Jan. this year.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I filed a charge contest with Care Credit 3 Times between Nov. and recently, Otherwise, No.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I'm aware of. That's what I need a lawyer for.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

If your credit card company is unwilling to assist you, you would need to sue the office in small claims court.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I see. I'm disabled. A trip to a court may be difficult. I'll see what is entailed. I assume there are no alternatives? Thank You.

If the people that owe you money aren't willing to return it, that's where litigation provides a useful option. Also, small claims court is easy to navigate without an attorney, inexpensive and quick.

Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney