We are a merchant in NC and sold merchandise that was

Customer Question
We are a merchant...

We are a merchant in NC and sold merchandise that was charged on a credit card with the owner in Illinois, and mdse shipped to 3 different states. the card was fraud

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

North carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To local police, credit card company and suntrust and the issuing card bank of Chase

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The amount of money involved was $42,222.20

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case. A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.Counsel can also pursue on commission basis. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
who would the letter be sent to
The customer who breached and didn’t pay!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
it was a fraud, the "customer" had another persons credit card
Then you want to file a police report and seek recovery from the credit card processor under fraud coverage.