I have a reservation at a hotel in NY but due to the bad…

I have a reservation...

I have a reservation at a hotel in NY but due to the bad weather, our flight has been delayed by two days making out stay at the hotel only 2 nights. But I'm told they have a 3 day minimum. The Cancellation policy states,

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

"A deposit for the entire stay is due at time of booking. Cancelling your reservation or failing to arrive will result in forfeiture of your deposit." However, there has been no deposit charged on my credit card when I made the reservation. When I called and explained the circumstances, I was told they have a three day minimum and I have to pay it. Do I have a way out if my flight is cancelled completely.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

The hotel is at West Point, NY. I made the reservation in December but the flight cancellation occurred yesterday. We planned on a 4 day trip and if the flights are cancelled again, we won't be able to go at all. Expedia has offered to refund our flights in full if that happens.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just whether I have the right to dispute the charges due to not having control over natural causes.

3/7/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You may dispute. You are canceling due to weather aka force majeure.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Just contacted them and the reservation was cancelled without any charge. Thank you for your advise.
Perfect!Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!Leaving a bonus after rating is very much appreciated.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney