I am looking to bring a case against an individual for

I am looking to...

I am looking to bring a case against an individual for breach of contract. He advertised and sold me a vehicle in August 2017 on eBay and I followed through with requirements, paid deposit immediately, and sent additional funds to him to signify my intent to purchase vehicle. Seller then stated he lost the title and was in FL, his grandmother died, etc, etc. I since found out that as this is a 1960 vehicle, no title is required for sale (although he purchased this from an estate in MA). I need help.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Vehicle and individual are in CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Vehicle is 1960

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Did you receive all my prior information about transaction? OK

3/7/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!If needed, If you sue in court you may end up with a judgment. The judgment generally allows you to levy on bank accounts, lien real estate and work with the sheriff office civil enforcement division. Many lawsuits result in settlement - which expect the judge to encourage.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What is "general" cost for an attorney to prepare and send letter of this type?
$350 assuming 1-2 hours of work.
acceptable
Great! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney