I give my puppy for adaption to family near me, and they…

Customer Question
I give my puppy...

I give my puppy for adaption to family near me , and they promise that I can see him time to times, but now they don want me to do so, I wonder what I can do, please let me know what chance do I have. Thanks Shala

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Atherton California 94027

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well just want my right on visition, if I can , and as they promise

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/8/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help today - Did you get your visitation rights in writing when you sold the dog?

I did not sold my puppy, just give him
To them, they told me I can see the dog,
Once while, now they want release letter
From me, my question is can I write my
Visition right in the letter ?
Thanks

Thank you for the response - yes you can write visitation rights into the release. It will be up to the family that you gave the dog to whether to accept it or not. Visitation rights for a dog is difficult as in the eyes of the law, a dog is seen as property. The rights will be something that you will have to work with the family to ensure. I hope that this has answered your question.