I got served by a divorce summon docs. I do not have a

Customer Question
Hi. I got served...

Hi. I got served by a divorce summon docs. I do not have a lawyer, do I need to have a lawyer this docs?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I also have a stipulation order, so I need to lawyer to review before signing?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your divorce law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you.

You aren't required in law to neither hire an attorney or accept any stipulation as sent to you but can seek a modification before signing and you can file an answer to the divorce requesting the relief you would like and accepting or denying any fault grounds as alleged in the divorce.

If you need the complaint or stipulation reviewed this is something I do as an additional service to this question and answer service, just let me know and I will make an offer available.

You do need to file an answer to the divorce and attend all pretrial hearings to avid default being granted against you at this stage.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return remember to rate my response positively today before your exit.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated always.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Thanks atty Bill. What would be the cost to review the stipulation order? As well as summon docs?

Yes, I will make an offer to review these documents. Accepting my offer will enable this service.

In relation to the stipulation agreement you can defer to a court hearing on this if you cannot come to an agreement.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

The stipulation order is what we have came up as an agreement. I was just wondering if a lawyer has to review it before I sign and have it notarized? Doesn’t the $47 fee include the review of the docs? It’s only 11/2 pages.
Well the offer remains open if you would like to avail of it anytime in the future as the service is extra albeit at a discounted price.
You have no obligation to hire an attorney for the stipulation or any other part of the divorce. This is your choice completely.
By rating 5****, 4**** or accept I get a credit for my assist.
Best
Attorney Bill
5