I am 60 years old I threw an egg at a parked car tonight…

I am 60 years...

I am 60 years old I threw an egg at a parked car tonight because i was mad the girl was harrassing my granddaughter. I will get a subpoena for court. what will happen to me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Salisbury Missouri. I called my lawyer who is also the proscetor attorney he said to call the police and tell them and i did because i heard the girl turned me in

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No not yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No i am on full disability i need oxygen 24/7 and i am scared

3/7/2018
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am working on your answer now. I am sorry for the delay. It takes some time to prepare a complete answer. Please note the phone call requests are generated automatically from the system. I do not control them.

I want you to not be scared. So in the meantime know that you will not be going to jail. But give me a few minutes towrite a full response.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know it was wrong but I was so upset

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

I understand that you are anxious and afraid. While there will be consequences for your action please know that you will not be jailed for this type of incident.

This is claissified as either disordelry conduct, or a malcious mischief crime. It is a property damage crime and the damage is not permanent. So at worse you are looking at a misdemeanor charge with a fine and perhaps some probation.

Because of your age and your disability the probation terms will probably be just stay out of trouble.

If you do not have a record of any past incidents it is very likely that you will be eligible for a deferred adjudication. In a deferred adjudication the court places you on probation for a time (6 month to a year) imposes a fine, and at the end of the probation the court dismisses the charges. This would be a good outcome and you may want to ask for it.

Given your condition and age and anxiety it may be best to have an attorney represent just so that you will not be overwhelmed by the process.

BUT please rest easy tonight knowing that you are in real bad trouble.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. The fine will it be a lot of money.
No

As to the amount of the fine you are probably looking at $300 to $500 depending on whether they classify this as a Class C or a Class B misdemeanor. The court can make it less. It depends on how much damage the egg did to the car. If it was washed of right away there wil be little damage and the fine will also be smaller.

Kind regards,

Gerald

(Please do not forget to rate me – click the five stars. It adds nothing additional to your costs, but it helps me greatly. Plus it is good Karma for you. Thank you.)

If you go without an attorney, dress well, be respectful - especially to the judge. Show some remorse and let the judge know that you should not have allowed yourself to be antagonized.

Good luck.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer