Bank put transfer in wrong account and said not their

Bank put transfer in...

Bank put transfer in wrong account and said not their problem

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

GA money came from bank in UK 6000 pds

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Reported to bank . said account owner will not respond to bank

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This started in june 17 and have reported to all agencies no help

Answered in 1 day by:
3/8/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

The bank is ULTIMATELY responsible to get the money back if the bank deposited the money in the wrong account. It does not matter if they cannot reach the person. The bank has the person's account that they can reach back to get the money or freeze all funds in the account until the person can respond to the bank. The bank can also report the person to the Police if the person refuses to get in touch with the bank to resolve the issue.

If you have been given runaround by the bank, you would need to retain the services of a local consumer Attorney to file lawsuit against the bank for violation of the Uniform Commercial Code Article 4A. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to assist you with the case.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Goodluck with your case,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. I will get an attorney . Thanks for the good info
Irwin Law
Phone call session started
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law