I have a very serious issue that has just come about and…

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very serious issue that has just come about and dont really know what to do and it kinda involves AR & MO

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Kinda

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is about an arrest that happen 20 years ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

The arrest and charges were 20 years ago in AR I honestly thought it had been esponged have never had it show up anywhere...well a few weeks ago I applied for a AR Resident Lic so I can get my MO ins lic to close loans at a Finance Co...I was always told because of the esponged you did not haft to mark yes on whether you had been convicted before...anyway now AR has mailed me a not so nice letter explaining how Ive broken the law and gonna be in trouble because i lied the only way to stop this is prove that i didn't lie and they only gave me 7 days to take care of this well i just now was able to get the arrest record because of how long ago it has been i really need help im fixing to lose my job over all this

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
THIS IS AN URGENT MATTER I REALLY NEED TO HEAR SOMETHING SOON....PLEASE
THANK YOU
3/7/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Please understand we are working with more than one customer at one time and they all deserve the same time as you deserve. Also, sometimes we may be eating or taking a break, so your answers can be delayed, but we certainly are not ignoring you and will always reply to you.

If this is an emergency and you need faster information, you would need to go to a local attorney.

Was the charge expunged or not?

AR told you you are in trouble for lying on the application?

I attached the letter they sent me and they will not issue me a Resident Lic. in order for me to get my MO Ins Lic to be able to close loans at my job and if I cant do that my work will let me go. I honestly thought it was expunged but when I finally got the papers and talked to someone they said it wasnt and it would take at least 90 days just to get an answer if they would even consider it and I haft to have something to this lady in AR by tomorrow. I have attached the letter and arrest

Thank you for your reply.

You have to respond to them with proof the charge was expunged by attaching a copy of your record and you need to state that you were under the understanding you did not have to disclose an expunged charge.

I can tell you legally, an expungement does not remove a conviction, it just removes the record, but AR Statute 16-90-1417 states that the expungement removes the conviction from view, but it does not mean the conviction did not occur and it can be used as a prior conviction in other cases. So, you were misinformed and that is what you need to explain in your letter, that you were informed at the time of expungement the conviction was removed and because it was so long ago, 20 years, you forgot all about it.

So, you have good cause for them to accept your explanation and in 99.9% of these cases they will not charge anyone.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

will they give me my Resident License for work? If not I lose my job

Thank you for your reply.

In most cases if you can show it was a mistake and not intentional, yes they will not prosecute you and will evaluate the case that was expunged as far as granting your resident license.