Is it legal to record a conversation that is presumed

Customer Question
Is it legal to...

Is it legal to record a conversation that is presumed confident?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arkansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No i just found out it was recorded on Sunday evening.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It was a presumed private conversation between my pastor, my husband and myself.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/6/2018
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 4 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Yes, it is legal. Arkansas is a "one party consent" state, meaning that intercepting or recording any wire, oral, cellular or cordless phone conversation is illegal in Arkansas, unless the person recording is a party to the conversation, or one of the parties to the conversation has given prior consent.

What that means is that ONLY one party to the conversation need even know about the recording (including the party that is recording it) for it to be legal. It can be secret / hidden from the other parties and still be legal.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Was I charged $42? This was a free trial

I don't know anything about a free trial. I only see the questions on my list.