I joined a singles club and they lied to me. I thought they…

Customer Question
I joined a singles...

I joined a singles club and they lied to me. I thought they were checking my credit but they had my cards and withdrew 8,000 from my cards. They will not talk to me. I am out of state and am 67 years old. I thought they were going to charge me 167.00 a month but they took all my money from four cards. I will not live long enough to pay it back. Yes I was stupid, but they lied to me. I guess I will just go bankrupt.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

I am in Arkansas but the transaction was in Texas. My credit card companies filed things. I cannot use the service because it is 300 miles away. I did sign for it, but I didn’t know what I was signing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported to Arkansas Attorney General and Texas BBB. Neither one replied. That is all that has been filed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Did you get a chance to speak with the club about why they withdrew that big amount of money?