Our builder just had a letter sent from a Lawyer to collect…

Our builder just had...

Our builder just had a letter sent from a Lawyer to collect 4,000. on a bill that was over 10,000, and we have paid 6,000 over the last 13 years. He came to us after we signed at the bank for our new house telling us he had made a mistake on our bill and we had to pay this out of our pocket.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Wisconsin

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He gave us 10 days

3/6/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
We feel that the builder has taken advantage of us and we do not owe him any more money? This lawyer said he was going to initiate legal proceeding against us . Does he have any rights to do this after all this time?
No just want to know if this is really possible?
Is there any answer ?
Reject it as untimely, waived, time barred and not owing.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thank you
Very welcome. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney